NEW HAVEN, Ind. (WPTA21) - The New Haven Mayor tested positive for COVID-19 and is now working from home.
Mayor Steve McMichael tested positive for COVID-19 and has had mild symptoms since early Monday, his administration told ABC21 Thursday.
McMichael said he feels OK and has been working from home.
Once he recognized multiple symptoms, he immediately sought medical attention and left City Hall, the mayor's office said. He has stayed home except for when he left to get tested.
New Haven officials said they contacted folks who had close contact with the mayor during the infectious period.
- Click here for the latest CDC novel coronavirus resources and links.
- Track the COVID-19 globally using this map tracker here.
- You can view the latest Indiana COVID-19 numbers here.
- Track Ohio's coronavirus numbers here.
- Need to get tested? Click here to find a testing site near you.
- You can catch up on the latest ABC21 coronavirus coverage here.
- Sign up here for the latest local, state and national news regarding COVID-19.
- Click here to sign up for ABC21 News and Weather Alerts